Have you once gone for an outdoor E-bike ride but found your battery was awkwardly empty in the mid-spot of the journey? Have you ever fallen into the trap that there is just 1 mile left from your home while your E-bike has just run out of the last drop in the battery? ? Then you need to check up on our latest tips for improving your Quali-bike's range.
Tips on battery maintenance
- Let’s start with the most simple but effective method, charge the battery to the total amount regularly. It is common and reasonable to find it too tiring to remember to keep your E-bike charged after a day of fully occupied labor work. Thus, applying the official charger and creating a daily routine of reminders for charging are recommended.
- Raise the habit of proper battery usage. It is well known that keeping the battery under low capacity or overcharged frequently will significantly damage the lifespan of your E-bike, limiting the extreme range of daily usage. That is why we propose you to charge your E-bike even in the long cold winters and avoid one shot of charging for over 24h. In addition, please park your E-bike in your garage or high grounds with cover to protect it from exposure to heavy outdoor rain. For more information, please refer to this website.
- Regular battery inspection. Generally, after a long period of usage, the battery capacity of your Qualisports will naturally decrease. We do recommend you get in contact with the nearest retailer in your community and arrange a regular check every single year. Our experienced collaborators will provide their professional advice on your E-bike, helping to keep you out of those embarrassing circumstances.
- Backup battery. For those special long-ride journeys, you may need to prepare an extra battery supply or a dual battery system for the additional range. Our stick batteries are manufactured by trustworthy SAMSUNG and are convenient for temporary packing to carry. If you want to have a free trip without any burden on your back, try our upgraded version of Dolphin, which contains an optional 336 WH battery for unique rides.
Tips on better riding habits
- Enjoy your ride at a slow speed. Although higher speeds and powerful motors are the eternal goals of E-bike engineers, we have to state that keeping your ride at a slower speed might be more appealing and reasonable due to the geometric growth in wind resistance under higher velocity. Controlled riding speed could extend the battery’s lifespan and protect your safety.
- Press pedals. When starting your ride, it is preferred to press hard on the pedals instead of entirely relying on the engine’s power, as a quantity of energy is consumed during the acceleration process right from the stop. Moreover, reducing the assist setting and providing harder pedal pressings is good compensation for reduced output from your battery, especially for those low battery conditions. It would help to keep your battery from aging early.
- Keep proper tire pressure. There is no doubt that a well-maintained tire is a key to your comfort and faster ride. Underinflated tires are not capable of cushioning blows from the contacts between your rims and roads. It will not only demand extra electric output to maintain working, reducing battery efficiency but also increase the occurrences of pinch flat and puncture flat from the sharp object stabs (just like screws and tacks accidentally laid on the front road of your home). In order to avoid such circumstances, we highly recommend you top off the pressure every week and keep it in the range of 45 to 60 PSI.
- Lubricated chains. Chains might be the simplest component in the E-bike and can be taken good care of at home. Dirt on the road will be bumped up through daily rides and get mixed with the lubricant oil on the chain. The mixture will generally grow and become the lag for power transfer. Thus, we recommend you apply proper penetrant to remove the mixture and lubricate the chain afterward. Please also remember to wipe out excessive lubricant with rags in case it ends up and damages your sprocket and derailleur.
Hope these eight tips will improve your Quali-bike's range. If you need more information and advice on your Quali-bike, please get in touch with email@example.com; we are always there and keen on your requests.